Glad you’re here!
Join us - the first community owned research business in the UK, made here, in Cumbria!
We offer communities a voice, a place to have their say, input into what goes on around them, socially or economically and earn money for their valuable contribution.
Our ambition is for 50,000 individual members across the UK to join (and at least 1% of Cumbria population - 5,000 and 500 small businesses). That’s a loud voice!
As it stands, we have 111 individual and 26 businesses members…but “a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
(Lao-Tzu Chinese Philospher)
So please join our Data for Good movement - it’s free and the ask in return is maybe 12 hours of your time a year, getting involved in some really interesting research projects, generating cash for you and your community.
Individuals can join here,
or email me for more firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no tricks we are simply a research business, that's not-for-profit, a co-op owned and run our members who participate in the research, hopefully you.
A business with a mission:
to share the value of personal and community information in a fairer way.
We decide collectively how to manage things and which of these we allocate our profits to:
1. Helping fund community wellbeing projects
2. Small cash payments for the members (dividends)
3. Or invested back into growing the business.
• To offer folk a safe space to have their voice and in the process have some impact on social and economic developments around them
• Empower our members to take ownership of their data, on their terms, creating cash for themselves or community wellbeing projects they care about
• Provide organisations a window into a community’s conscience and ongoing access to their collective thoughts
• Create new jobs and develop new skills in communities both here in Cumbria and across the UK
• Demonstrate that Data for Good movement canhave real purpose and benefit ordinary people and businesses
• And above all, help our communities create positive things to talk about and do and have some fun and purpose at the same time
Business and public sector organsations commission us to do some research. We gather your opinions and ideas and provide this information to them in return for cash for you and your communities. It is the same as any other research business except the community owns this one and the profits all go back to the community.
Everyone can join in and it’s completely free.
Once you’re a Member, you’ll be invited to get involved in market research projects in your spare time - completing surveys, attending research groups or chatting online.
You can join in as many or as few projects as you want. The more you engage the more valuable the research is – and that means more profit to redistribute back to Members and invest in community projects through our Wellbeing Fund.
All your personal information is kept anonymous. Only you and the cooperative know what you’ve said. Your data is safe with us and ultimately under your control.
The Community Data Cooperative is not about making money for a select few. We think it’s fairer if we all get some reward for our efforts and the rest is put back into communities through the Wellbeing Fund.
Every year the Wellbeing Fund gets a chunk of money to fund the community projects you choose – whether that's renovating a play area on a village green, reopening the village hall, setting up a community kitchen or organising a Summer Fayre.
Businesses are welcome to join too!
We've had a chat and with some local authorities and commercial organisations involved in the energy, health and public sectors and they are all really interested to understand more about the local challenges, bright ideas and aspirations
SMEs face and how they can better support them.
So, want to be heard? Please sign up - see below.